According to the Spanish Entrepreneurs Act that came into force on September 29, 2013, residency visa and authorization is intended to allow foreigners to access a residency status in Spain through a significant capital investment.
A significant capital investment will be understood as the one that meets any of the following:
1. An initial investment for a value equal to or greater than:
- Two million euros in Spanish public debt, or
- One million euros in shares of Spanish capital companies with a real business activity, or
- One million euros in investment funds, closed-end investment funds or venture capital funds established in Spain,
- One million euros in bank deposits in Spanish financial institutions
2. Acquisition of Real Estate in Spain with an investment equal to or greater than 500,000 euros for each applicant
3. A business project that will be developed in Spain and that is considered and accredited as of general interest
- Not be in Spain with an irregular status
- Main applicant must be over 18 years old
- Have no criminal record in Spain or in the countries where an applicant has resided for the past five years, for felonies defined in Spanish legislation
- Not be subject to an alert issued for the purposes of refusing entry in the territory of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement in this regard
- Have public or private health insurance with an insurance company authorized to operate in Spain.
- Have sufficient financial resources for the investor and his family for the period of time for which they wish to reside in Spain. The availability of sufficient financial resources may be accredited through any documents that allow to verify the recurrent perception of sufficient income or the possession of assets that guarantee this perception of income.
- Do not suffer from any of the diseases that can have serious public health repercussions in accordance with the provisions of the 2005 International Health Regulations.
- Payment of the visa or residency permit processing fee (71.81 euros per applicant).
Approval of a residency visa for investors will constitute sufficient title to reside and work in Spain during its term. The spouse or person with an analogous relationship of affection, children under 18 years of age or older who, dependent from the main applicant, have not constituted a family unit and the ascendants under their care who meet or accompany the investor may apply for a visa or authorization jointly and simultaneously or successively.